Consisting of Imam Ali, s sermons, letters and aphorisms, Nahj-ul-Balaghah is amongst the most significant works in Arabic literature, as an emblem of rhetoric and eloquence. Besides, it is a valuable hadith work that presents a charter of the constructive teachings of Islam. Nahj-ul-Balaghah has been attracting the attention of Muslim scholars and literates since it, s compilation up to now. Without a doubt, after the holy Quran, Nahj-ul-Balaghah is the next book about which the most works have been written, because of its particular position as a manifestation of the tradition, placing it coordinate to Quran in comprehensively presenting the practical teachings in order to achieve a model of Islamic lifestyle.
Anyone who reads Nahj-ul-Balaghah not only could achieve a high level of self-improvement by the light of the prescriptions of this book, but also would be able to present the guidelines of Islam for man, s material and spiritual life to the others. That is why the great leader of the Islamic revolution, Imam Khomeini, mentions in his will “It, s our honor that the book of Nahj-ul-Balaghah beside to Quran, contains the most complete guidelines of man, s both material and spiritual life, a potential that makes it a book of redemption and a great source of procedures of Islamic government, handed down from an Infallible Imam”.
What increases the importance of Nahj-ul-Balaghah is that it includes the words of a noble man, leading the Muslim society in a challenging period of time in the history of Islam, who has been bestowed the divine truths and teachings. The great leader of the Islamic revolution, referring to the same point, holds: “Nahj-ul-Balaghah is not the words of a theosophist, who secludes himself into an isolation, away from the realities, clamors of life, and various problems raised in the society, to recite the teachings of Islam; but it includes the statements of a man who carries the burden of the leadership of an extensive society, and responsibly replies the demurs and queries of his people through his heart that is replete with the whole teachings of Islam and Quran”.
1. Having all the significance mentioned above, we came to the conclusion that a practical and effective step must be taken in order to spread the Alavi culture through the teachings of “Nahj-ul-Balaghah. To achieve this target the “Nahj-ul-Balaghah Foundation, as a pioneer cultural and scientific institution in this field launched the award of Nahj-ul-Balaghah, with the cooperation of Nahj-ul-Balaghah Research Center and the Deputy of Quran and Household of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance.
. The goals, guidelines, committees and other details of this project are mentioned below.
The Criteria for Selecting the Winner Work
Since both cultural and research works could be the nominees of the award, the criteria is presented below in two levels. The first includes general criteria that would be referred by the jury for evaluating both kinds of works, and the second denotes especial criteria for each of them.
the Winner Work must enjoy:
1. Capability of elevating the cultural and scientific level of the World of Islam
2. Innovation and freshness of the subject, structure, and approach
3. Consistency and coherence of the language
4. Compatibility with the cultural and religious requirements and necessities of the world of Islam
5. Observation of the standards of academic writing as well as fluency
6. Harmony between the quantity and quality
The Criteria for Selecting Preeminent Research Works Regarding Nahj-ul-Balaghah
The research must be:
1. A problem-oriented work
2. Observing the standards of structure and organization of the content
3. Observing the standards of documentation of the content
4. Up to date and original data and sources
5. Of logical argumentation and analysis
6. Of harmony between its title and content
The Criteria for Selecting Preeminent Works spreading the Alavi culture
The selected work must be:
1. Capable of deeply satisfying and affecting the audience
2. Presenting Imam Ali, s solutions for the problems of the society in the best form
3. A fluent and authentic translation of Imam Ali, s words for the common people (criterion Specific to translation works)
4. Enforcing the theoretical consistency of foundations of lifestyle according to the Alavi approach
5. Strengthening the criteria of Muslims, unity with an emphasis on Alavi teachings
6. Creating positive cultural trends about Imam Ali (P.B.U.H) and Nahj-ul-Balaghah
7. Improving the level of public literacy in the realm of Alavi teachings
8. Observing the standards of composition, emendation and translation
9. A neat and clean work in regards with typing, paginating, and publication
10. Employing congruous design and multimedia facilities
11. Having defined type of audience
12. Up to date and founded on the newest scientific achievements
13. Precise in the narration of the statements of Imam Ali (P.B.U.H) and presenting the associated documents