The first Biannual Book Prize of “Imam Ali and Nahj al-Balaghah” will be held in winter 2019.
Iranian Book News Agency (IBNA) – Abdolhadi Feqhizadeh, the deputy of the Quran and ‘Itrat of the Ministry of Islamic Guidance and Culture said that the first Biannual World Book Prize of “Imam Ali and Nahj al-Balaghah” will be held in the upcoming winter.
“After the Quran, most of Islamic writings have been about the precious book of Nahj al-Balaghah. The book, as a symbol of the Tradition or Sunnah along with the Quran, is comprehensive in its practical and applied teachings in the lives of Muslims. The book consists of remarks by a great person who is full of divine truths and teachings and was in charge of the administration of the Islamic community at a crucial point in history,” said Feqhizadeh.
He added, “The particular significance of Nahj al-Balaghah motivated us to set up this prize in order to contribute more than ever in the propagation of the Alawi culture and the great teachings of Nahj al-Balaghah, and Nahj al-Balaghah Foundation can play its role in this project as the first academic and cultural institute.”
The Goals of the Biannual Book Prize of “Imam Ali and Nahj al-Balaghah”
1. The identification of the best books and authors, and their proper introduction to the academic community
2. The encouragement and support of the authors of the best books as well as translators, editors, and researchers
3. Providing motivation and encouragement for research concerning Imam Ali and Nahj al-Balaghah
4. The improvement of research about Imam Ali and Nahj al-Balaghah
5. The expansion of the culture of writing and producing standard books concerning Imam Ali and Nahj al-Balaghah
6. The increase of public knowledge about Alawi doctrines, and in particular the doctrines of Nahj al-Balaghah
7. The making of cultural streams with a network of elite researchers on Alawi doctrines, and in particular the teachings of Nahj al-Balaghah
8. The reinforcement of the culture of academic rivalry among researchers
9. Effective interactions with researchers and research units.
Main Criteria for Researches concerning Imam Ali and Nahj al-Balaghah
1. Being problem-oriented
2. The observation of standards in structuring and organizing the books
3. The observation of standards in citations of the books
4. The data and sources being up-to-date and original
5. Involving analysis and logical inferences
6. Having appropriate title and contents
The topics of the book festival include “life and character of Imam Ali”, “teachings and doctrines”, “literature and rhetoric”, “bibliography, editing the manuscripts, and translation”, “the youth section” and the “international section”.