Knowledge, by its nature is a societal issue that functions, similar to any issue of its kind, through an interaction with the other institutions in the society. Scholars should be considered as societal activists who are involved in a dynamic dialogue with their surrounding society; on the one hand they have to be aware of the needs and queries of their society, and on the other hand to transfer their ideas and responses to their people in a congruous way. In addition to awareness and information, another aspect of social function of knowledge is to appreciate and activate its achievements in the society.
In their interaction with the common people, scholars are expected to revive their covenant with them and stabilize their commitment to them in order for paying attention to their requirements and making an effort to enhance the culture of the society, in the framework of societal covenants. Furthermore, these covenantal rites in the society bring about a dynamic, permanent and deep-heart advocacy from the people towards the scholars, efforts and achievements.
Since religion is one of the principal institutions in the structure of the society, texts of religious knowledge, such as Nahj-ul-Balaghah, could implement a more significant social action. I this regard, it could be well perceived that how covenantal rites motivate the scholars to pursue their academic effort, and help the society accept its results as fruitful scientific-cultural activities, putting the two sides in a framework of mutual understanding. These statements could reveal a clear image of the perspective of a covenantal rite such as the Biennial World Book Award of Nahj-ul-Balaghah throughout the society of Iran to the Muslim world for studying Islam. Putting our trust in God, s grace and the light of the illuminating culture of the Household of the Prophet (P.B.U.T), we hope that launching this covenantal rite about a glittering diamond such as Nahj-ul-Balaghah could open bright and fruitful horizons of knowledge and bring along an improvement for the Islamic-Iranian culture in a variety of aspects.
Goals of the Project:
1. To identify and introduce the most preeminent works and authors as well to the academic society
2. To encourage and support the authors of preeminent works as well as the other translators, emendators and researchers
3. To spread the Alavi style of life in the public culture through the introduction of the selected and usable works about Nahj-ul-Balaghah
4. To spread the culture of studying book, especially those associated with Nahj-ul-Balaghah and Imam Ali among the common people
5. To create cultural trends through launching the network of researchers in the realm of Alavi teachings, especially those of Nahj-ul-Balaghah
6. To elevate the level of public literacy in the society about the Alavi teachings, especially those of Nahj-ul-Balaghah
7. To launch the Alavi discourse in the public level
8. To enhance religious unity amongst the Muslim races inside and outside Iran based on the teachings of Imam Ali (P.B.U.H)
9. To reinforce national integrity inside the country through highlighting the Alavi teachings
10. To discover talented people and to create a network of prodigies in regards with studies on Nahj-ul-Balaghah
11. To motivate researches associated with Imam Ali(P.B.U.H) and Nahj-ul-Balaghah
12. To improve researches associated with Imam Ali(P.B.U.H) and Nahj-ul-Balaghah
13. To spread the culture of composing standard works about Imam Ali and Nahj-ul-Balaghah
14. To reinforce the culture of fair scientific competition amongst the researchers
To create an effective interaction and connection with researching figures and institutes